Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

To Dye or Not to Dye? ..That is the Question!

So this afternoon I was having a brief IM pow wow with my girlfriend. I told her I need to check myself with all this hearty eating so that I could get back into my "tie-dye Skinny Jeans" I bought last summer. (NOTE: I heart them..and miss them). They can't quite fit over my bum! So until said date-(when my bum goes down a bit and I stop eating Sophie's cuban food)...I'm anxiously waiting to slide back in them!
My girlfriend was appauled- "tie-dye's, let it go", was her response!


She mentioned her "intern" is a model and says they are a no go. Umm, but I'm not a model and I'm not running down the walkway during Fashion Week! Hell Nah! I think it speaks to the old school girls like myself and also the newer generation. We loved some tie dye back in the day! BAM they brought it back just for me..HA! Don't get me wrong; these jeans should not replace all other jeans and most certainly can't be worn with everything !- Let's be clear ;)

They are not for the faint at heart, conservatives or Fashion "fret-fuls"- I made that one up, (ha). I think it means those not willing to take risks with fashion or worried of critique. Also, when I say take risks; by no means do I mean someone that has to follow every trend that emerges!

NOTE: I am a true believer that, "NOT ALL TRENDS NEED TO BE FOLLOWED"! People stop trying to wear 5 trends in one day! That I believe is the KEY!


So To Dye or Not to Dye? --- I say if you are confident and cool enough to ROCK it the RIGHT way! Go for it! Check out how the Celebs are wearing them. Put your own spin on the look! 


i.e- Fergie brings you the cropped look, Beckham dresses it up and Lindsey dresses it down. I can't make out the face of the last "chica" but she makes it look casual and funky with the peep-toe booties! Loves it!




Below are also a few places to purchase your own "tie-dye "Skinny's just like below:  (I'm still working out this technical piece on pointing the links directly to the product vs. the actual main page)-Sorry Diva's.. I'm trying! lol



These two funky color tones are via US.Asos

The black and sand colored pair below is from Urban Outfitters: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/

Last but not least. I love the way Rhianna pulled off her look with the cutesy booties and blazer for a Chic look; yet still has the edge with the tie-dye!




So Until next time...i'll be pulling up next to you in my Schwanky tie-dye's @ a Sunday Brunch near you!

P.S- Write your own fashion rules; be unique in how you stamp your fashion brand and after all... you are you and NO one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment