Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Rain Boots and Fashion, can they co-exist?

Good Evening Ladies!

So, question of the day...can rain boots and fashion co-exist? Yup, you guessed it..and I found it...I am NOT a FAN of Rain Boots! Ughh, when I think of these boots; the first thing that comes to my mind is..ewwwy pattuyy..THEY are flat! Hated it. 9 times out of 10 they are ill fitting and look as though you are ready to go "crab" fishing!

So considering the rainy day we had earlier today and much more rain expected to come in just a few short weeks; I figured I'd search for some cute alternatives to the traditional "RAIN BOOT". Let's check out what I found. The one thing they all have in common is a WEDGE! So for the girly girl in you; you still get to saunter around in the rain and protect your fab pedicure!

The First one is by Khombu, it's called The "Latergator" I like this one because of the buckle on top,  which helps to adjust to the width of your calves and  totally in love with the embossed "gator" look. This is a bit more dressy than the casual "rubber ducky" look I'm used to seeing on the streets of Manhattan!

They can be found on Endless, http://www.endless.com/

This Funky option is more casual; it brings the regular rain boot into the 21st century! Check out the lace up in the front, a wedge and a pop of purple color. I love it! I think I would actually wear this one on the weekend in the rain!
This is the Women's Pelican Wedge Purple Sadie-SPERRY, which can be found on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/

The last one is by HUNTER, "CHAMPERY" in Black with the logo embossed on the very
top of the boot. Also a sleeker look and it tapers your calves more than the average rain boot. It fits more like a traditional tall wedge boot. 
You can find these at: Bloomingdales- http://www.bloomingdales.com/  

Well until the next rainy day; Stay dry and Schwanky!

1 comment:

  1. I agree...when I walk these schwanky NYC streets the sight of those rubber boots makes me SMH!! I never-ever-ever saw myself buying nor wearing one however SSD (schwany shoe diva) your suggestions are delicious. I can see myself in a pair of Latergator...thanks for finding ones with heels (that will really keep me out of the puddles). Keep up the great suggestions. LaLa-Licious

    ReplyDelete