Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Curly hair and Flats today!!! Would you believe it!

Yeah, so I'm a bit under the weather today and I threw on my FLAT boots ...The one and only pair I have in the Schwanky Shoe Diva's closet. 


                                 Ok ok,  I know it has a little bit of a wedge..hey I'm trying!

Yeah, I was feeling that umphhhh and after all I was just going to a board meeting for the non-profit I'm a part of.  A pretty uneventful sunny "almost" spring afternoon thus far, but I'm feeling good about the work I put in! Got my Curly girl in full swing- It's been months since I've felt free enough to let it all hang out.. Anyway, this spring I think I'm ready for a change...switch the game up a bit. I need a new "head piece", now the question is what shall I do? The Blond B will still be in effect, we just have to figure out what were gonna do with the style...soon to be revealed!

Errrrrr- Ok switching gears...tomorrow is Sunday and Basketball "Non" Wives is going to be airing the "Reunion Part 2"! But just as a reminder---Ummm, none of these chics are wives people...as they say in Brooklyn--> Come on Son! They need to change the name of this show quickly! Ok I get it, it's great entertainment, sh--- I was hooked the whole season through like a robot watching it.

Unfortunately it saddens me how they are portrayed : bitter, sleazy, negative, promiscuous or fake in some way or another. No one at least as far as these big eyes of mine can see are shown in some sort of positive light! Can we please raise the bar with the types of shows our black or miniorty women associate ourselves with?

How about a show for True Lady Movers and Shakers! Doing something in the community and family, while being pretty and fabulous all at the same time? I know we are out there! Hell almost all of my friends are prime examples of that! Hmmm, We'll have to write to Bravo and VH1!

Also, I want to say congratulations to one of my best college buddies Little Deb on her impending nuptuals this June! We are all sooo happy for you!!! Thanks again for allowing me to take part in your special day! Smooches...

Ok the throat is starting to close up on me....where is my DayQuil....HELP!!! Chicken Noodle any one? Until Next time... Stay Schwanky in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment